VMware Cloud Community
JustyC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM Isolated Testing

Just started working with SRM version 6.5.  Will be using SRM to move a datacenter to a new facility.  Once the SRM process completes..... all

guests are visible at the new site I would like to test in an isolated network.  The guests are SAP-Hana...... we want he original guests, those

on the sending site to remain active...... the ones at the new site need to be up and on a isolated network.  There cannot be any connections between the 2 environments.

What is the best way to do isolated testing once guests are at the new site ?  Was looking at creating a standard switch, however all guests will not fit on 1 host.

I did create a DvSwitch port with no uplinks, but not sure if that will work.  I do not want to create a new private VLAN if that entails using our Network Group's precious time.

What is the best way to accomplish isolated testing ?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What resources on the network may be needed during the isolation testing? If the VM's need to communicate with each other, there will either need to be a VLAN or physical networking to isolate the VM's traffic between hosts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What resources on the network may be needed during the isolation testing? If the VM's need to communicate with each other, there will either need to be a VLAN or physical networking to isolate the VM's traffic between hosts.

0 Kudos