VMware Cloud Community
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

SRM - Error Pair Sites

When trying pair my sites I get the attached error (cannot complete login due to an incorrect user and password)

The error occurs with 65% after the process started.
I have already reinstalled SRM on both sites.

SRM 6.5

0 Kudos
16 Replies
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

Could you ZIP and post your log files for analysis?

They are located here:

ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\Logs\

Graham | User Moderator | https://virtualg.uk
0 Kudos
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Last attempt logs

0 Kudos
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

Thanks.

Your log file suggests a connection issue between the SRM instances, are there any firewalls between the 2 SRM servers and also, are you able to ping between the two to ensure good connectivity?

A few other things to check are that you have DNS A and PTR records configures and the time on the vCenter Server(s) and SRM server(s) are all the same.

It could also be an SSL Certificate issue, but on a new install I doubt this.

Let us know the results and we can look further.

FYI, this is the error in the log that is repeated:

2017-10-09T19:57:58.416-03:00 verbose vmware-dr[03716] [Originator@6876 sub=HmsProxy] Dr::Providers::Hbr::HmsProxy::HmsProxyImpl::SetRemoteInfoFailed: Unable to get remote HMS server info, error=

--> (dr.fault.RemoteSiteNotFound) {

-->    faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

-->    faultMessage = <unset>

-->    msg = ""

--> }

0 Kudos
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Graham

There is no firewall between sites. The 4 servers resolve names between them, DNS OK

vCenter01 Production - Windows Server 2016

vCenter02 Backup - Windows Server 2016

SRM01 Production - Windows Server 2016

SRM01 Backup - Windows Server 2016.

All are in the same VLAN.

0 Kudos
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

After research, I believe it can be certified. How to validate the certificate?

0 Kudos
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

Hi Davi,

The SSL certificate generation in 6.x is conducted at the point of installing SRM, if you reinstall you should see the option there.

0 Kudos
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The errors below are presented even without any action.

C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\Logs

[context]zKq7AVMEAQAAAHFmRgANdm13YXJlLWRyAAANvQBkci10eXBlcy5kbGwAAAC3AQH7swVkci1oYnItaG1zUHJveHkuZGxsAAEbogACKosDY29tbW9uLmRsbAAD7Ioddm1hY29yZS5kbGwAAzuHGAMslxgDuR8iBIdPAk1TVkNSMTIwLmRsbAAELlECBWSDAEtFUk5FTDMyLkRMTAAGkXAGbnRkbGwuZGxsAA==[/context]

2017-10-16T13:37:15.551-02:00 verbose vmware-dr[04544] [Originator@6876 sub=HmsProxy] Dr::Providers::Hbr::HmsProxy::HmsProxyImpl::SetRemoteInfoFailed: Unable to get remote HMS server info, error=

-->    msg = ""

--> }

--> [context]zKq7AVMEAQAAAHFmRgANdm13YXJlLWRyAAANvQBkci10eXBlcy5kbGwAAAC3AQH7swVkci1oYnItaG1zUHJveHkuZGxsAAEbogACKosDY29tbW9uLmRsbAAD7Ioddm1hY29yZS5kbGwAAzuHGAMslxgDuR8iBIdPAk1TVkNSMTIwLmRsbAAELlECBWSDAEtFUk5FTDMyLkRMTAAGkXAGbnRkbGwuZGxsAA==[/context]

2017-10-16T13:37:18.914-02:00 verbose vmware-dr[03920] [Originator@6876 sub=LocalAuthzServer connID=authz-admin-7ab9] Dr::AuthzConnectionHandler::DoPing: Ping succeeded

2017-10-16T13:37:20.555-02:00 verbose vmware-dr[03904] [Originator@6876 sub=HmsProxy] Dr::Providers::Hbr::HmsProxy::HmsProxyImpl::SetRemoteInfoFailed: Unable to get remote HMS server info, error=

-->    msg = ""

--> }

--> [context]zKq7AVMEAQAAAHFmRgANdm13YXJlLWRyAAANvQBkci10eXBlcy5kbGwAAAC3AQH7swVkci1oYnItaG1zUHJveHkuZGxsAAEbogACKosDY29tbW9uLmRsbAAD7Ioddm1hY29yZS5kbGwAAzuHGAMslxgDuR8iBIdPAk1TVkNSMTIwLmRsbAAELlECBWSDAEtFUk5FTDMyLkRMTAAGkXAGbnRkbGwuZGxsAA==

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

Did you fix initial issue?

As from your logs it's obvious that you have a problem with SSL certs

I won't post VC's name, just a snippet

--> The remote host certificate has these problems:

-->

--> * The host certificate chain is incomplete.

-->

--> * unable to get local issuer certificate"

--> [context]

Do you use your own certs or you are on default certs?

0 Kudos
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We use the default certificate.

I have already reinstalled SRM at both Sites.

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

So did this help or you still have the issue?

0 Kudos
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

I still have the problem. Is it possible to resend the certificates? Repair?

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

A modify install of SRM allows you to use newly created certs or custom certs that you created.. you have to do the same on both sites.

Earlier to version 6 it was mandatory the SRM sould be using the similar certificates as vCenter.. example if vCenter is using custom certs SRM should also be using custom certs.

However from version 6 there is no such mandatory requirement from SRM.

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Removed the SRM and the database on both sites. Reinstalled and error persists.

Attached screen the screen and generated logs.

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

2017-11-07T16:00:39.324-02:00 error vmware-dr[00352] [Originator@6876 sub=DrSiteSiteManager connID=82af] Failed to pair with SRM server at LS++ with url 'https://sitvc01dcc01.sit.local:443/lookupservice/sdk', thumbprint 'F7:BA:14:D6:FD:03:22:45:57:DD:26:DC:65:CB:BD:A5:DC:0A:FB:FA', VC 'a08ba516-60e0-4cd5-b063-c52e5195a515'

--> class SsoClient::InvalidCredentialsException "Authentication failed: Invalid credentials"

--> [context]zKq7AVMEAQAAAHFmRgASdm13YXJlLWRyAAAqXAJzc29DbGllbnQuZGxsAABYNQIAl0UCAIPIAQD6cwEAq4IBAN5wAQDTgAEAl/8BAAS4AQBgewEBO4cYdm1hY29yZS5kbGwAASyXGAG5HyICh08CTVNWQ1IxMjAuZGxsAAIuUQIDZIMAS0VSTkVMMzIuRExMAASRcAZudGRsbC5kbGwA[/context]

2017-11-07T16:00:39.324-02:00 info vmware-dr[00352] [Originator@6876 sub=DrTask connID=82af] Task 'dr.site.SiteManager.pairSrm2' failed with error: (dr.fault.SitePairingFault) {

-->    faultCause = (vim.fault.InvalidLogin) {

-->       faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

-->       faultMessage = <unset>

-->       msg = ""

-->    },

-->    faultMessage = <unset>,

-->    name = "sitvc01dcp01.sit.local",

-->    uuid = "8b85aa6f-570d-498e-b9f4-6bd37c7c5785"

-->    msg = ""

--> }

--> [context]zKq7AVMEAQAAAHFmRgAUdm13YXJlLWRyAAANvQBkci10eXBlcy5kbGwAAEoQBAGskgBmdW5jdGlvbmFsLmRsbAACt3UOZHItdG9wb2xvZ3kuZGxsAAIcMA4CLZcNAorRDgL0CQMCq7kHAleyBwJzLAkC9AkDAoD+AgL0CQMCiAADAi3/AgL0CQMCq7kHAleyBwJzLAk=[/context]

This is the error which you've got.

Am I right that you have embeded PSC configuration?

If so can you check sts-idmd.log on sitvc01dcc01.sit.local for the this timestamp.

As well can you check that you have all necessary ports opened VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

why is that in the SSL certificates I see one certificate with IP and the other with hostname.

can you make sure your vCenter certificates are similar.. what kind of vCenter certs are you using..?

Is SRM installed on the same machine as vCenter?

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
dvclcs
Contributor
Contributor

Resolved

Opened a case with the support and the steps of the link below were performed:

VMware Knowledge Base

But it was necessary to reconfigure the VR and VUM

Thanks!!

0 Kudos