VMware Cloud Community
tzimmermann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

[SOLVED] After deploying vCSA 6 root has no rights whatsoever.

Hello Forum,

I am experimenting with vSphere 6 for eventual deployment in our environment. We already have a vSphere 5.5 (Which I set up, too!) and we have quite some experience with VMware environments, having two VCP here (myself included).

We already setup vCenter Servers from vSPhere 4.1 on, including appliances in 5.0 and 5.1.

Here's what we did:

One host was installed with ESXi 6 hypervisor, the vSphere Appliance 6.0 was deployed using the new method. The deployment was successful, the Web Client starts and I can login using the root account.

However root can't do anything, including:

• adding datacenters or hosts
  • joining an ActiveDirectory (or seeing the apropriate menu entry, for that matter)
  • adding users or assinging roles

What went wrong or where do I go from here?If I can't add users nor join a domain nor assign other users any rights the Appliance is somewhat useless...

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas Zimmermann

VCP for vSphere 5 as of 24th of July 2012 🙂
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
akodenkiri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you try with administrator@vsphere.local user to perform

• joining an ActiveDirectory (or seeing the apropriate menu entry, for that matter)
  • adding users or assigning roles

Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards ak

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Instead of using the root account, use the admin account that was created during installation.

André

akodenkiri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you try with administrator@vsphere.local user to perform

• adding users or assigning roles

Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards ak
0 Kudos
tzimmermann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thank you, that was it.

VCP for vSphere 5 as of 24th of July 2012 🙂
0 Kudos
akodenkiri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Also you can assign administrators permission to any user including root from webclient

0 Kudos