VMware Cloud Community
Srikanthc
Contributor
Contributor

Resource Pools

I am trying to create new resource pools with "Fixed" resources, I want to restrict resource pool users cannot power on VMs after reaching its limit.

For example:

I have placed 4 VMs in a resource pool which has 10GB RAM Fixed resources, 2 VMs with 2GB and 2 VMs with 4GB.

If I have powered on 2 VMs with 4GB and 1 VM with 2GB total RAM, total consumption is 10GB, 4th VM with 2GB should not power on and should show a message like "U have exited your resources".

Is it possible to restrict resource pool administrator / user to power on VMs more than fixed limit?

Basically I want to restrict RAM/CPU sharing.

Thanks,

Srikanth Chagarlamudi

0 Kudos
1 Reply
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Srikanthc wrote:

I am trying to create new resource pools with "Fixed" resources, I want to restrict resource pool users cannot power on VMs after reaching its limit.

For example:

I have placed 4 VMs in a resource pool which has 10GB RAM Fixed resources, 2 VMs with 2GB and 2 VMs with 4GB.

If I have powered on 2 VMs with 4GB and 1 VM with 2GB total RAM, total consumption is 10GB, 4th VM with 2GB should not power on and should show a message like "U have exited your resources".

Is it possible to restrict resource pool administrator / user to power on VMs more than fixed limit?

Basically I want to restrict RAM/CPU sharing.

Thanks,

Srikanth Chagarlamudi

Euhm yes? It is called a "limit" on your resource pool object, and a reservation on your virtual machine object.

About vSphere Resource Management

0 Kudos