VMware Cloud Community
MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Reset the Recent Tasks layout/field spacing for a user in vCenter 7?

Hi,

Is there any way to reset the Recent Tasks layout/field spacing for a given user back to defaults in vCenter 7?

There used to be an option to reset layout in the vCenter 6.x Flash client, but I cannot see how to do it within the HTML client.

This is the Recent Tasks view for my administrator@vsphere.local user:

Capture1.PNG

The is the default Recent Tasks view for a new user: 

Capture2.PNG

Any idea where the per-user UI customisations are saved in vCenter?

Thanks

M

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After much searching through the vCenter Server file system I found what I was looking for.

** Proceed at your own risk - I am sure this is probably NOT SUPPORTED by VMware GSS **

There is a file named com.vmware.usersetting.recenttasks.columns in the VCSA's /storage/vsphere-ui/SerenityDB/serenity/{username}/ directory.

Log the user out of all vCenter vSphere Client sessions, delete the file and then log them back in. The Recent Tasks layout has been reset.

MC1903_0-1613493882545.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MC1903
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After much searching through the vCenter Server file system I found what I was looking for.

** Proceed at your own risk - I am sure this is probably NOT SUPPORTED by VMware GSS **

There is a file named com.vmware.usersetting.recenttasks.columns in the VCSA's /storage/vsphere-ui/SerenityDB/serenity/{username}/ directory.

Log the user out of all vCenter vSphere Client sessions, delete the file and then log them back in. The Recent Tasks layout has been reset.

MC1903_0-1613493882545.png