VMware Cloud Community
Thash
Contributor
Contributor

Replication of Virtual Machine

Hi all

I`ve got a Production site and a Disaster Recovery site, so on the DR site I`m running windows there is no VMware, what I want to check is it possible that I can replicate the VM`s on the production site to the DR as a dump machine so that when I want to restore I can copy back to Production where there is VMware.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi ,

From my understanding, you have VMware vSphere ESXi host on primary site with virtual machine, and you want to replicate it to DR site. And DR site does not have vSphere ESXi host. Correct me if I am wrong. If you dont have vSphere ESXi host on DR site, then you cannot replicate it to DR site. however you can replicate  virtual machine to Production site it self even if you have one ESXi host.

Regards

Mohammed Emaad

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
Thash
Contributor
Contributor

Thankx Mahammed yes you got my question correct, the thing is I was just want to have an offsite replication. so now it means in order for me to have this offsite VM replication I must have WMware even on DR site. Wow the licensing for a dummy site that will work in an event of a Disaster its killing me.

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

You just place on ESXi host on DR site, and add that to primary vCenter server, so that you can save it on vCenter license.

Regards

Mohammed Emaad

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos