VMware Cloud Community
Sanithsadananda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Replication not working on shared HDD between VM's

Hello All,

I have added one new hdd to one vm and shared it to another vm . Both HDD are working fine , Both machines are rhel 6. More details are I have added 150 GB of HDD to pc01 with thick eager zeroed option and shared it to pc02. That partition detected as /dev/sdb and i have mounted it to /prod on both machines. But if i create a file from pc01 to that /prod folder , that created file not replicating to /prod folder in pc02. If anyone have faced the same issue and resolution please help me , Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
muralee29477
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

If you intend to share a single disk between 2 VM's or physical machines you need to build a cluster between them otherwise you will be corrupting the data.

Hence have you build the cluster ?

Regards

Muralee

Sanithsadananda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Muralee ,

Thanks for your reply, can you please guide me how to do that , or any other solution without cluster . Can you help me to do that . If you have any link plz post I m waiting for your reply..

0 Kudos
muralee29477
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

In order to guide you properly can you let me know what is your environment and most importantly your requirement ?

0 Kudos
Sanithsadananda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Muralee,

I have a local setup and i am trying for replication of data from node 1 to node 2 within the shared disk.

Plz help me.

0 Kudos
muralee29477
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Your explanation is not sufficient for me to get an understanding of your environment.

Anyhow if just want to replicate a VM you need to implement  VSphere Replication(an Appliance)

Finally I do not think that you could achieve this with your current setup.

Below an URL reference on how to achieve that

VMware vSphere 5.1

0 Kudos
muralee29477
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos