VMware Cloud Community
dmeyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Replacing certificates on vCenter 5.5

I have been trying to update my certificates since they are going to expire in 10 days.  I ran the automation tool, generated the CSRs and created my certs for each service.  I'm following the plan that was generated by the automation tool.  When I get to step 6 it fails every time with:

[Wed 10/17/2018 -  9:06:06.91]: Last operation update vCenter Server trust to Inventory Service failed :

[Wed 10/17/2018 -  9:06:06.91]: Cannot register vCenter with Inventory Service: 7

1. Go to the machine with Single Sign-On installed and - Update the Single Sign-On SSL certificate

2. Go to the machine with Inventory Service installed and - Update Inventory Service trust to Single Sign-On.  

3. Go to the machine with Inventory Service installed and - Update the Inventory Service SSL certificate.

4. Go to the machine with vCenter Server installed and - Update vCenter Server trust to Single Sign-On.

5. Go to the machine with vCenter Server installed and - Update the vCenter Server SSL certificate.

6. Go to the machine with vCenter Server installed and - Update vCenter Server trust to Inventory Service.

From the error above it leads me to this pointless KB article that makes no sense. VMware Knowledge Base

I have regenerated new CSRs changing OU, information, switching around the SAN names, same error.

Has anyone come across this issue and have any ideas how to resolve it?

0 Kudos
0 Replies