VMware Cloud Community
Mohamed_cloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Renew my trial version of vCenter Server

Hello everyone,

I'm using vCenter Server 6.5 in my POC environment but the trial period is almost finished (4 days) and it lefts me 45 days before i finish all my test.

Now i want to reinstall my vCenter Server for windows and also keep my configurations (clusters,templates names, etc.).

If someone could help me to find a solution to import my previous configurations into my new vCenter Server installation.

Thank's for the interest.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

They won't give you one in this case most likely. Your option is really to reinstall.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You may be able to back up the database and reattach, but that may not work. If you were using the appliance it would have been much easier as you could do a file-based backup. The only way to restart your trial is either with a timed key, or to reinstall from scratch.

0 Kudos
Mohamed_cloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks daphnissov​ for the answer,

You're right,i see some web pages and it seems possible with the vCenter Appliance. But i don't find a solution for my vCenter server for Windows.

Sorry but i don't understand when you are saying timed key or reinstall from scratch ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Sorry but i don't understand when you are saying timed key or reinstall from scratch ?

With a timed key, you have a license key that entitles you to a product for a finite amount of time, like 3 months. Otherwise, you have to reinstall from scratch to begin the trial timer. Those are the only ways to get a new trial period.

0 Kudos
Mohamed_cloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I assume that i have to contact VMware, if i want to get a timed key for vCenter server?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

They won't give you one in this case most likely. Your option is really to reinstall.

0 Kudos
Mohamed_cloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks daphnissov​ for the help. So it seems i'll lost all my configurations in my vCenter.

I download vCenter Server appliance, I'll will deploy it tomorrow. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos