VMware Cloud Community
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Remount disk after consolidation

ESXI and vCenter 6.7. I was unable to consolidate a disk on a guest because of a file lock, so I unmounted the disk per this KB:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2151402

After successfully consolidating, I'm unable to start the vm because the hard drive can't be found. The hard drive is not listed in Edit Settings for the VM. I suspect I misunderstood the instructions, but I need to figure out how to remount the original disk (which does show up in Datastores for the VM). I'm sure this is elementary, so hopefully someone can unclog my brain.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorry, I thought I had cancelled this post because I found the solution right after I started typing it up.

I looked again in the Add New Device section under Edit Settings and saw the Add Existing Disk option, so I used that to choose the correct disk.

Thanks very much for responding.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Which files do you currently see in the VM's folder?

André

0 Kudos
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorry, I thought I had cancelled this post because I found the solution right after I started typing it up.

I looked again in the Add New Device section under Edit Settings and saw the Add Existing Disk option, so I used that to choose the correct disk.

Thanks very much for responding.