VMware Cloud Community
Mikel2015
Contributor
Contributor

Relationship between various situations or problems to the same virtual machine and their solutions

Existe alguna relación entre estas situaciones para virtual machines:

VMware Tools State - Running, Out of Date

The VMware tools on virtual machine name of de virtual machine are either out of date or not running. It is recommended that the VMware tools be brought up to date to allow the collection of all relevant data.

Zeroed Memory 75.23%

Virtual machine name of de virtual machine has a potentially negative overcommitment of memory resources; 75 % of its memory is filled with zeros. Memory allocated for this virtual machine can likely be reduced without impacting performance.

And the virtual machine has high CPU ready

0 Kudos
3 Replies
brunofernandez1

as i know this is a english speaking forum so lets try to help you in english Smiley Happy

there could be a relation between the two error. the vmware tools include drivers for the guest system that allow the esxi host handle better the ressources.

i'm thing here of features like memory balooning and so on...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards from Switzerland, B. Fernandez http://vpxa.info/
Mikel2015
Contributor
Contributor

I will write everything in English on upcoming opportunities, thanksSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Mikel2015
Contributor
Contributor

As I said I wanted to find a relationship between these cases although only two of them are met. As the vmware tools and message Zeroed memory. If there are situations that one of the above is true and the machine has high cpu ready.

In this case:

the virtual machine has no problems with other resources such as memory Balooning

0 Kudos