VMware Cloud Community
sivakumaraz
Contributor
Contributor

Regular Maitanance activities involved in VMWare 6.5

Hello,

I am trying to understand, what are best practice to follow the regular maintenance tasks in VMWare 6.5 (vCenter 6.5 located in our own Datacenter and not in cloud).

I need to ensure my VMWare environment should be updated on regular basis including ESXi, vCenter, VM update, VMWare tools update, physical hardware firmware...... etc.
what are basic automation we can do it 6.5 environment ?
What are the important things, which I need to keep my eyes on regular basis?

looking for suggestion.

Note- My environment is medium level environment.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sivakumar

0 Kudos
3 Replies
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Siva, whta kind of maintenance activity you are going to perform?

VCIX, NCAP
0 Kudos
sivakumaraz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Just I am trying to understand that, what are the regular basic task, which we need to do it in Virtual environment.

As a VMWare Administrator, what are the basics administration task need to perform ( I meant, best practice to follow on regular basis ) such a upgrade or update....etc in Virtual environment.

As I mentioned in the initial request, I need to ensure my VMWare environment should be updated on regular basis including ESXi, vCenter, VM update, VMWare tools update, physical hardware firmware...... etc.

if anyone performed any automation in vCenter to monitor the complete environment or deployment. Please suggest.

What are the important things, which I need to keep my eyes on regular basis?

0 Kudos
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There are diff monitoring tools available to monitor the VC environment.

And regarding installing patches on the VC and host. Its always recommend to install the latest patch on vCenter and ESXi hosts.

VCIX, NCAP
0 Kudos