VMware Cloud Community
dazzpowder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Question..Import OVA OVF data path

Hi All,

In a global organisation where VCenter is in one geographic location and the cluster to which I want to import an OVA/OVF is in another (which is where to the OVA/OVF is), does VCenter act as man in the middle and ship data to the destination cluster or does it just monitor progress of import and the file copy is local within the data-center?

I guess my question is, where should the OVA/OVF file be placed so it's quickest to import, near VCenter or the Cluster to where it will be imported to?

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I do not understand the requirement of ports here but you can have ovf and its associated files on network and give path of ovf file via vsphere client. That will deploy ovf on the ESX. Please read vSphere Documentation Center for more details.

Thanks,

DJ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Keep your OVF file and associated file near to destination host so deployment will be faster.

Thanks,

DJ

0 Kudos
dazzpowder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply, if I have a jump box near the destination, which ports are required to import via sphere so vsphere can browse to the OVA? 

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I do not understand the requirement of ports here but you can have ovf and its associated files on network and give path of ovf file via vsphere client. That will deploy ovf on the ESX. Please read vSphere Documentation Center for more details.

Thanks,

DJ

0 Kudos