Contributor
Contributor

Problem - hosts are in maintenance mode

Good day

I'm trying to set up vCenter correctly but I can't
I ran into the following problem
I still get an error All required hosts are in maintenance mode
If the host x.x.230.32 I remove there the error will disappear
But if I add it an error will reappear. I have everything configured in the same way as on the first server.

The message that appears
Check if all hosts in the cluster which have not been configured for hyperconverged cluster are in maintenance mode. If the host running the current vCenter is in the cluster then it will be excluded from this check.

The problem is that there are no disks on the servers.
I connect all storage via ISCSI. I have neither a vSAN nor any other SAN.

this guest don't even know to switch to maintenance mode.

Can you please advise me where I am making a mistake?
I am sending printscrean in the attachment

well thank you
Michal

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

"If the host x.x.230.32 I remove there the error will disappear"" What does this host contain? Does it host the vCenter ? What is the version of ESXi and vCenter build
If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
michalHRS12
Contributor
Contributor

Good day

This server was added as empty. There is nothing on them. Thus, after adding to the cluster, the vCLS machine (7) was launched there.
First and second server versions:
HOST_A HPE-Custom-AddOn_700.0.0.10.5.5-46 (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
HOST_B HPE-Custom-AddOn_700.0.0.10.5.5-46 (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)

VCentrum version: 7.0.1.00200. Currently running on HostA servers

Both servers are exactly the same, I see no reason why one should not print an error on one and yes on the other.

well thank you

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Can you post some screenshots of the issue and the error? I have never even seen the message "Check if all hosts in the cluster which have not been configured for hyperconverged cluster are in maintenance mode.". Did you call your cluster "hyperconverged"??

0 Kudos
michalHRS12
Contributor
Contributor

Good day
“. Did you call your cluster "hyperconverged"? Where should I set it? I don't remember anything either

Screenshots are in the appendix in the first post
it lists this error
Check if all hosts in the cluster which have not been configured for hyperconverged cluster are in maintenance mode. If the host running the current vCenter is in the cluster then it will be excluded from this check.
but only for server HOST_B.
If I delete the server, the error will disappear, if I add it again, the error will appear again.
I went through all the possible settings, as well as advice on the internet and I dried various combinations, but it doesn't work for me. It's also weird that I can't switch the machine to maintenance mode

Michal

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

I mean post the screenshots. Most people don't want to download a zip and unpack it, who knows what is in it.

0 Kudos
michalHRS12
Contributor
Contributor

Good day

I am enclosing a screen image, thank you

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Ah, you are using the QuickStart Wizzard. This wizard was mainly intended for vSAN configurations, I would just recommend using the normal method to create a cluster and to add hosts to a cluster. Let me test what you are doing and file a bug against if I can reproduce it

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

By the way, I read the screenshot twice, I guess you need to place that host in to maintenance mode before trying to add it to the cluster.

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

also, I assume you did not tick the "vSAN" tickbox to enable it when you created the cluster?

0 Kudos
michalHRS12
Contributor
Contributor

I also assume that you didn't check the "vSAN" box when creating the cluster? yes I did not click this
I missed this is it necessary?
Then how do I set up vSAN correctly and why is it not possible without it?
well thank you

0 Kudos
michalHRS12
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to somehow set up both vSAN and the Cluster, but I'll end up with an error

running workloads other than VCSA alone or with PSC while undergoing HCI configuration is not supported.

well thank you

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

tried to reproduce it, but not able to do so. I suggest you call support to see what is going on.

0 Kudos
michalHRS12
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get support?
I will choose what I want in my profile and will not let me go
Don't let me fill in the data or anything.

Michal

0 Kudos
Antoniobm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, query, were you able to fix the host problem in maintenance... I have the same problem 

Antoniobm_0-1704588368057.png

0 Kudos