VMware Cloud Community
marc_kuhn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Possible licensing for homelab

Hi guys

i want to build up my own VMWare homelab with 2 nodes (HP Proliant Microserver GEN10) to have a test environment for some Citrix use cases. I pretty new to VMWare, so i was thinking i just can install the free ESXi version and just start. But i need as well a vcenter as the connection from Citrix Studio to the VMWare infrastructure is required.

I know there is a special licensing available for homelabs for around 200$. But i'm wondering if there is also another option available to have a vcenter running at home. I do not need any special features.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Marc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I assume that you are referring to the VMUG Advantage option.

That's the least expensive option that I'm aware of, if you want/need to run the setup for more than 60 days (evaluation period).

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I assume that you are referring to the VMUG Advantage option.

That's the least expensive option that I'm aware of, if you want/need to run the setup for more than 60 days (evaluation period).

André

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

For a LAB, you can use the vCenter with the evaluation period (60 days).

Or you can start with vCenter Foundation. or Essentials Plus Kit (vCenter with hosts) .

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
marc_kuhn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Hassan, hi André

many thanks for your feedback. I will consider if it is worth it to buy for a homelab.

Best regards,

Marc

0 Kudos