All of the tasks on our vSphere web client (Both flash and HTML5) show as long convoluted labels instead of the actual description.
It's identical to the issue reported here:
We're on the latest 6.5 build (5318154) of the VCSA and it affects task names and host profiles.
Oddly I've got a test vCenter server that is on the same build that doesn't have the issue.
I thought it was because I seemed to be missing the /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/cmCatalog folder and contents but copying that across from my working vCenter server doesn't fix the issue.
Anybody any ideas?
I was having the same problem. We have 2 VCenters (not linked) and only one of them was behaving this way.
What fixed it for me was simply logging on as firstname.lastname@example.org. It sounds crazy but it did fix it.
A possible glitch on the account permission that could have refreshed when logged in with SSO administrator credentials.
I can confirm that this worked for me with the same issue.
I have linked mode Windows vCenter Servers, both at Version 6.5.0 Build 5318112.
After logging in as Administrator - the task labels now show up correctly logged in as anyone else.
a1exp, i had the SAME issue, I did a upgrade of vCSA from 6.0 to 6.5 and this happened to me. I had to upgrade my external PSC so wonder if it was due to that, but logging in as email@example.com ACTUALLY worked, glad I found your post, i thought i was going crazy!.
We have exact same issue nad no solution here helped:( So I open a case at support and after some troubleshoot they direct me to vCenter server 6.5 recent task names appear differently, all the tasks name ends with the .label at ... Which describe the issue but with no solution.
Meantime support ask for trying remove any 3rd party plugin in vCenter and restart Web Client. So I remove our only one third party plugin (Netapp VSC 6.2.1P1) and for sure reboot whole VCSA. After boot I log in as Administrator@vsphere.local and everything start working.
Hope that this can help to somebody.
1. Find out this REGEXP2 '\2-\1.properties' property from your project and replace it with '\2-\1.properties' . Generally it could be your build-war.xml or your pom.xml file.