VMware Cloud Community
JeroenSoree
Contributor
Contributor

Password retrieved from vSphere to login to vCLS not working

Hi, 

I followed the articles found on the internet to the letter and was able to retrieve the password to be able to login into a vCLS VM in order to look at some log entries. However the password is still not correct. I have put the cluster into retreat and back to normal in order to re-create the vCLS VM's. 

Still the password is not correct. I am on vSphere 7.0.3.00800 and since the upgrade the vCLS VM's are restarting on a daily basis resulting in errors in the logfiles. One solution is to look at the logfiles within the Guest OS however with the credentials vSphere provides me with the Python script /usr/lib/vmware-wcp/decrypt_clustervm_pw.py it does not fly.

Any ideas someone?

Cheers, Jeroen

UPDATE: Solved! Upgrade vCenter to 7.0.3.01000 did the trick.

3 Replies
afdumitriu
Contributor
Contributor

Good to know they've fixed that! I was hitting the same problem on build 7.0.3.00700 when I noticed that vCLS logs pointed an issue while updating guest OS VMTools and kept on restarting them. Recreating the VMs did not help as in your case but they came with latest VMTools at least.

Cheers!

AndreiD

0 Kudos
muakhtar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Please find the below article to resolve the issue.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-B6556473-18B0-4CF6...

Munib Akhtar
VCP-DCV/VCP-DTM/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
afdumitriu
Contributor
Contributor

The vCenter is unable to install VMTools, because there is something wrong with either the username, password, or something else on vCLS regarding authentication.

0 Kudos