VMware Cloud Community
yani1shu
Contributor
Contributor

Pass user credentials to VM console

I would like to provide my users with direct links to the virtual machine consoles so that we can have a dashboard of sorts with our different VMs that they can access. I have copied out the URL for each VM by opening the consoles through vsphere web client, however it seems that in order to access the VM consoles you must first authenticate against vcenter. Is there any way around this or any way to pass credentials in the URL. We have single-sign on enabled and my users are able to log into the vsphere web client using their windows credentials. My goal is to make it so they don't have to login to vsphere prior to clicking to links to the vm's. When i try to follow  a link to one of the VM console without being signed into vcenter i get the error message show in the attached picture. If i follow the link after authenticating into vcenter it works fine.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VMHeder
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yani1shu,

When you or anyone login with credentials the domain, you don't need login with credentials de user again.

End If you want force the the address the Vmware Web client in your browser, you can force in your Group Policy.

If this reply is useful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful.

Abs

0 Kudos