VMware Cloud Community
RobMaxwell
Contributor
Contributor

Orchestrator only runs in player mode

From reading through documentation, I shoul be running in server mode if I have a vCenter Standard license key.

The bottom image is from the Orchestrator Configuation Interface which shows that I do indeed have a standard license installed and that the application is running in "server mode".

However, when I start the Orchestrator client it will only run in Player mode. The client runs on a different server than where Orchestrator / vCenter is installed.

I'm looking for an assist so i can start to edit workflows.

I'm new to Orchestrator, so if additional logs or data is needed, please be specific.

Thank you,

Rob

VMwareOrchestratorPlayerMode.png

VMwareOrchestratorLicense.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mijoedekock
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I have only been using the built in workflows to this point, but want to start creating my own.  I verified in the Orchestrator configuration that it is seeing the correct license for Standard and is set to server mode.  However, logging into the client shows its running in Player Mode.

VCP5 VCP4 MCSA 2008 MCSA 2012
0 Kudos
mijoedekock
Contributor
Contributor

Mine corrected itself.  I had another issue yesterday where I had tost reboot my Vcenter and since then Orchestrator is running in Server mode.

VCP5 VCP4 MCSA 2008 MCSA 2012
0 Kudos