VMware Cloud Community
adamwiso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OLD IP for SYSLOG and ESXi Dump

Hello:

I am having a small nagging issue with the old ip address of esxi dump and syslog.  I want to just focus on the esxi dump for simplicity sake.  I havent found anything that has worked thus far.

A few weeks back I changed the IP of my vCenter server - it is still in the same VLAN, just a new ip address.  I updated everything (console, DNS, etc) and all working well.  However in the web console it states it is not running and to start it - however both services are up and running.  I have restarted them as well as reboot the vcenter box.  I checked for old DNS entry for old ip - not there.  I re-installed both esxi dump and syslog with FQDN and then even the new LAN IP.  Not working.  I see the old ip in the c# client plugin portion.  I thought it would be defined in advanced settings - but I cannot find it.

I originally used an IP on install based on some reading I found on if you lose a host and DNS is severed.  That is why I did not use FQDN out of the gate.

Can anyone let me know where this setting is that is caching and or holding this old IP ?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
adamwiso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok - I got it working - seemed to be just an issue with the plugin(s).

I removed the plugin via vcenterip/mob and unregistered the com.vmware.netdump extension.

I then removed and reinstalled the service and the plugin was happy again.  Just a heads up.

0 Kudos