VMware Cloud Community
mathewalex5
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to proceed to stage 2 in VCSA

Hi,

I'm using Macbook Pro. I downloaded the latest VMware vSphere 8.0 ESXi and VCSA. Configured them on VMware Fusion. ESXi was installed without any problem. However, as i tried installing the VCSA, it completed with stage 1 and stops at 68% of stage 2. I browsed over the net and tried options from different solutions. Provided the IP address and DNS name in hosts of Mac, Enabled access for the iso through the gatekeeper in Mac. Still nothing worked. 

As i try to resolve this to different methods, the number on the error message changes, but the error remains the same. Can anyone please let me know why this is happening or is there any solution to this error?

Regards,

Mathew

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please see whether https://williamlam.com/2022/10/how-to-deploy-the-vcenter-server-appliance-vcsa-8-0-to-vmware-fusion-... helps, assuming that you are trying to install vCenter Server directly to Fusion.

André

0 Kudos
mathewalex5
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

I tried those steps to convert OVA to OVF in windows laptop and then copied to Mac and started to configure VCSA again. It still showed up the same error. I'm thinking the conversion of OVA to OVF should be done on Mac itself. However, I'm not well versed on command lines on the terminal of Mac. 

Will anyone be able to help?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Just o make sure.
In addition to edit the OVF file, you need as well provide reverse DNS resolution (PTR) for the vCSA.
As an alternative, enter the vCSA's IP address as the vCSA's hostname in the installation wizard.

André

0 Kudos