VMware Cloud Community
RizQad
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to open vCenter Operations Manager Administration

Hi All,

I have deployed vCOPS on vCenter server. But could not able to open vCenter Operations Manager Administration by clicking on 'Available'  link. Please refer below screenshot.

pastedImage_0.png

I have installed EXSi host, vCenter server and vCOPS on the single machine, which has 4 GB ram. Is this memory is enough ?

Thanks,

RizQad

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RizQad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

When I click on 'Available' link to open vCenter Operation manager, got the following error on the browser,

" VMware vCenter Operations Manager - 5.8.0 Build 1448123 has encountered one or more unrecoverable errors during the initialization of the application. This deployment cannot be recovered and must be discarded. The following messages indicate the possible causes of error. If resolutions are suggested, apply them and redeploy the ovf from VMware vSphere Client that is connected to VMware vCenter and not to a VMware ESX/ESXi host directly. Contact VMware Support otherwise. Full text of the errors is available in /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/install/bootfailure.log in UI VM. Wed Mar 5 04:44:14 PST 2014: Cannot setup hostname mapping on Analytics VM: cannot copy hosts file Wed Mar 5 04:44:36 PST 2014: Cannot initialize CIQ database Wed Mar 5 04:48:29 PST 2014: Error Importing Dashboards/Templates "

Dont know how to handle this error.

Thanks in advance,

RizQad

0 Kudos
vJJSosa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, i think that i had this error some months ago, and finally i had to download again the ovf file.

Hope this helps you

Regards

[VCAP5-DCA, VCP3/4/5, VCP-DT4, MCITP Network Infrastructure, HP ASE Bladesystem]
0 Kudos
RizQad
Contributor
Contributor

You mean to say again i have to download VMware-vcops-5.8.0.0-1448123-vapp.ova file? But my downloaded file size is 1.2 GB , which is correct.

Thanks,

RizQad

0 Kudos
RizQad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I have deleted the vCOPS 3 times and redeployed it.But still facing the same error, when trying to open the vCenter Operation manager.

" VMware vCenter Operations Manager - 5.8.0 Build 1448123 has encountered one or more unrecoverable errors during the initialization of the application. This deployment cannot be recovered and must be discarded. The following messages indicate the possible causes of error. If resolutions are suggested, apply them and redeploy the ovf from VMware vSphere Client that is connected to VMware vCenter and not to a VMware ESX/ESXi host directly. Contact VMware Support otherwise. Full text of the errors is available in /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/install/bootfailure.log in UI VM. Wed Mar 5 04:44:14 PST 2014: Cannot setup hostname mapping on Analytics VM: cannot copy hosts file Wed Mar 5 04:44:36 PST 2014: Cannot initialize CIQ database Wed Mar 5 04:48:29 PST 2014: Error Importing Dashboards/Templates "

Thanks,

RizQad

0 Kudos
RizQad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Please help me . This is show stopper issue for me..

Thanks,

RizQad

0 Kudos
RizQad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Please respond if anybody know the solution.

Thanks,

RizQad

0 Kudos
zishbu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi RizQad,

This is almost a year too late; however, I had the same problem.

Mine was resolved by setting the VLAN on the adapters on the vSwitch for the UI and Analytics VM. Once I did that, power cycled the vApp it worked.

Hope this helps anyone else who happens upon this.

Gabe

0 Kudos