VMware Cloud Community
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No default GW

Hi,

Since we have a closed network we have no default gateway, and since we don`t have that we have warnings within vCenter.

What`s the best way to suppress these messages ? Or correct way ? I can`t point to a fake IP since it will fail to answer, and then we get a warning.

Thanks for reply.

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Just guessing.

Is the warning related to vCenter Server, or to the hosts?

What I'm thinking of is that if the hosts have no default gateway configured, and HA is enabled in the cluster, the warning might be related to a missing HA isolation address, which - by default - is the host's gateway address. To workaround this, you may set the isolation address to a reliable (pingable) IP address within the network.

For details see vSphere HA Advanced Options

What basically needs to be done:

das.isolationaddress0 = <reliable pingable IP address>

das.usedefaultisolationaddress = false

Then disable HA, and re-eanble it.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What messages are you seeing and where?

0 Kudos
OleWeel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry don`t have a screenshot of the warning messages here now, but we had to provide a default gateway when we set it up, but since that gateway does not answer it gives us a warning in the general gui picture.

Regards Andreas
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Just guessing.

Is the warning related to vCenter Server, or to the hosts?

What I'm thinking of is that if the hosts have no default gateway configured, and HA is enabled in the cluster, the warning might be related to a missing HA isolation address, which - by default - is the host's gateway address. To workaround this, you may set the isolation address to a reliable (pingable) IP address within the network.

For details see vSphere HA Advanced Options

What basically needs to be done:

das.isolationaddress0 = <reliable pingable IP address>

das.usedefaultisolationaddress = false

Then disable HA, and re-eanble it.

André

0 Kudos