VMware Cloud Community
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

No Performance Data beyond Real-time

Hi,

Noticing that by default (VCSA 6.7U2) certain Performance Data is only available for Real-time. For all statistics intervals, the level is set to 1

Samples that are collected every 5 minutes are stored for 1 day.

Samples that are collected every 30 minutes are stored for 1 week.

Samples that are collected every 2 hours are stored for 1 month.

Samples that are collected on 1 day are stored for 1 year.

A few example stats that I only get for Real-time are (Average Device Latency per Host (Top 10) and Read/Write IOPs per Host (Top 10).

Not sure why is this because I expect to get up to 1 year stats.

"No performance data is available for the currently selected metrics"

I want vCenter to show and keep this information stats in case I need to compare last week or even month resource usage/performance metrics.

I am thinking it might be that I need to select Level 2 for last month/week/day but was not sure since Real-time already shows these metrics under Level1

If so would it be ok (performance/data usage impact?) to keep on Level2 for long term?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

yes, set it up on Level 2

from that point onwards, it should start keeping disk - All metrics, excluding numberRead and numberWrite.

Data Collection Levels for your reference.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ashsevenuk80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you tested this in both the Flash and HTML5 web client? Also, i know vRNI uses netflow for for network flow, does this also provide performance analysis? maybe it needs to be enabled at the port level in the vDS?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

yes, set it up on Level 2

from that point onwards, it should start keeping disk - All metrics, excluding numberRead and numberWrite.

Data Collection Levels for your reference.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos