VMware Cloud Community
johnb0118
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

New VCSA Deploy blank Datastore

I've had to deploy multiple new VCs lately.  When I go into the UI installer and get to the datastore selection, its blank.  I just deployed a vCenter yesterday without issue.  I deleted the AppData\Roaminginstaller folder hoping that would help, but it makes no difference.

For the compute resource I've selected the cluster, a host, an entirely different cluster, even a tried to go to a different VC to see if it made a difference. THe datastore selection is always blank.

Anyone else run into this issue?

johnb0118_0-1656011971761.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnb0118
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thats correct.  But I found the answer.  You have to also delete the ...\AppData\Roaming\vcsa-ui-installer folder too. That will get rid of all the cached information and you'll be good to go.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I assume, that if you uncheck Show only compatible datastore, the datastore selection is also blank ? 

Regards, 

Sebastian

0 Kudos
nnabelle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The VCSA is a preconfigured virtual appliance built on Project Photon OS that allows you to manage multiple ESXi hosts and perform configuration changes from a single pane of glass. Since the OS was developed by VMware and accelerated by NVIDIA vGPUs, it offers better performance and boot times than the previous Linux-based appliance. Furthermore, it uses an embedded vPostgres database, giving VMware complete control of the software stack in tandem with the performance of NVIDIA-certified Systems. This results in significant optimization for vSphere environments and quicker release of security patches and bug fixes, enabling IT admins to focus on organizational goals and strategic initiatives.

DunkinRunsonYou

0 Kudos
johnb0118
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thats correct.  But I found the answer.  You have to also delete the ...\AppData\Roaming\vcsa-ui-installer folder too. That will get rid of all the cached information and you'll be good to go.

0 Kudos