VMware Cloud Community
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Network error as local admin

I'm running VCSA version 6.7. My SSO ldap user password expired, so I changed that and verified through another SSO app. I logged into my vcenter as administrator@vcsa.local and tried to change the pw in the SSO settings, but I get the error "Check the network settings and make sure you have access to the identity source." As expected, same error when I tried adding an identity source. We are firewalled, but I don't see any other network issues connecting to the domain. I've seem other posts indicating that it might be the format of my local admin login, but their fix was to use the format like I have above.

Any tips for working my way through this catch 22? Thanks.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Update: I was able to change the ldap user pw back to what it was, so I'm able to log in again with my domain admin account. After I got logged in with the domain account, I tried resetting the pw again on the AD user object and in vcenter, but I still got the network error so I guess it isn't a problem with the local admin account after all.

Seems like if ldap (actually, ldaps) is working well enough for SSO to work, it would be working well enough to let me change the password unless that uses some other port. Any ideas are appreciated so I can reset the pw at some point.

Thanks.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos