VMware Cloud Community
sheenlim2017
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

NFS 4.1 not showing when Creating DatastoreDRS

I have 2 NFS Datastore that is mapped to all of my ESXi host in the vCenter Cluster.

Datastore-NFS1

datastore-nfs1.png

Datastore-NFS2

datastore-nfs2.png

However, when ever I create a Datastore DRS, the NFS datastores does not show up.

datastorecluster.png

What am I missing?

Message was edited by: Sheen Ismhael Lim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricChigoz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you tried for a lower version of NFS?

Find this helpful? Please award points. Thank you !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Which version are you using on vCenter?

Are those NFS Datastores 4.1 version?

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Sheen,

You need to create two datastore clusters for a seperate NFS and VMFS.

Does Storage DRS fully supports VMFS and NFS storage?

Yes, Storage DRS fully supports VMFS and NFS datastore. However, it does not allow adding NFS datastore and VMFS datastore into same datastore cluster.

Refer to the KB: VMware Knowledge Base

Regards,

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
0 Kudos
sheenlim2017
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi ,

I am using vCenter 6.7 and yes i am trying to add NFS 4.1 Datastores to the DatastoreDRS

0 Kudos
sheenlim2017
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi rajen450m,

I am not trying to create a DatastoreDRS with mixed datastore file system, I am just trying to create datastoreDRS with 2 NFS 4.1 datastore.

0 Kudos
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the information, anyway it was written in the title of this thread...

You are creating a Datastore Cluster, never heard about a DatastoreDRS Smiley Wink

When selecting the Datastore did you try to select the option of "Show datastores connected to all hosts" in the upper menu?

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos
EricChigoz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you tried for a lower version of NFS?

Find this helpful? Please award points. Thank you !
0 Kudos
sheenlim2017
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried that but it only shows the iSCSI datastore

0 Kudos
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It's weird.

I saw your images that seems to be connected to both hosts but, if the tab of "Show datastores connected to all hosts" it doesn't appear, then there is not really connected to all hosts (maybe some missing configuration is needed).

0 Kudos
sheenlim2017
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

NFS 4.1 does not seem to be supported to DatastoreCluster or Datastore DRS at the time of trying this.

I created an 2 NFS3 datastore and was able to create DatastoreCluster from those 2 datastore.

This thread is resolved by Creating NFS 3.0 Datastore to participate to the Datastore Cluster.

0 Kudos