VMware Cloud Community
albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Moving a virtual machine from 6.7 to 7.02

i have a problem with my older server with vsphere 6.7U3 and i have move my virtual servers on a new vsphere 7.0.2 server.

I have down the virtual server and then move on the new server. Only on virtual server will give a warning message and i have stop the moving, this server is very important for me (mail server). The warning message is:

"Virtual ethernet Card 'Network adpater 1' is not supported. "This is not a limitation of the host in general but of the virtaul machine's configured guest OS on the selected host".

Who know this message and has a solution to migrate this very important virtual host!

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Obvious questions:

What is the guest OS?

What OS is the VM configured to use?

What type of network adapter is the VM configured with?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Upgrade VM's virtual hardware, see if that helps. If that doesn't help just delete the current NIC of the VM, and add a new supported NIC. It does mean you will need to reconfigure the NIC within the guest by the way.

albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1. the guest os is oes2018sp2 (suse linux enterprise 12 sp5)

2. suse linux enterprise 12 x64

3. vmxnet3

0 Kudos