VMware Cloud Community
dschmitt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Moved vCenter to a new host, now it shows as orphaned

Hi, I moved vCenter to a new host.  Now when I open vCenter it shows the server under the old host as (orphaned).  The new host is showing as (not responding). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smithar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please refer to this KB article: VMware KB: Diagnosing an ESXi/ESX host that is disconnected or not responding in VMware vCenter Serv...

If you found this answer useful, please consider the use of Helpful or Correct buttons to award points ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
smithar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please refer to this KB article: VMware KB: Diagnosing an ESXi/ESX host that is disconnected or not responding in VMware vCenter Serv...

If you found this answer useful, please consider the use of Helpful or Correct buttons to award points ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks
0 Kudos
dschmitt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It turned out to be a networking problem.  Once I changed the vlan on my management port on the vswitch I got it working again. Thanks for the link.

0 Kudos