VMware Cloud Community
CarlosALuz
Contributor
Contributor

Migrate Vcenter Essential Plus to Enterprise

Hello, I have  3 Vsphare Essential Plus 7 licence (6 CPU), I want to consolidade this licences in one vcenter only. What´s version  i need to this?  Standar? Enterprise? Enterprise Plus?

Thks a Lot.

Carlos

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Well....   there are 2 upgrade SKUs available

1. EssPlus -> Accel.Kit Std.
  2. EssPlus -> Accel.Kit Enterprise+

Each contains a vCenter Std.(unlimited Hosts) and 6x1 CPU Lics of vSphere ESXi Std. or Enterprise+.

So you should calculate uprade one of your existing EssPlus bundles and adding the needed single Sphere ESXi licenses to it. I have my doubt that upgrading all 3 to a Accel.Kit because you always gets a vCenter with and paying SnS for 3 of them might be a overkill unless you need different vCenters and like to link them together.

Note: You need to buy at minimum 2 add. month of SnS but i highly suggest to get 1Y or better 3Ys. Your existing SnS of the EssPlus bundles will be converted and combined.

The vSphere Enterprise edition dropped a loooooooong time ago and you cant buy it any more. Also in a future vSphere release you cant use the old enterprise licenses any more.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
lamarty7
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I guess your best choice is vCenter Std, for Essentials Plus, you won't need Enterprise edition

BR

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

@lamarty7 

>>> ...  vCenter Std, for Essentials Plus ...

AFAIK that's not a valid option.

André

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Thats for sure not a valid option.

Any given "Essenentials" only works together with other Essentials parts and not Non-Essentials. The hosts will disconnect after a short period of time from the wrong vCenter.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos