VMware Cloud Community
azsvdk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Lost power during install... how to proceed?

Hi all,

I was installing vCenter 5.1 Latest on a server when I lost power. The SSO and Inventory Service installs completed successfully, but I was maybe 80% through the vCenter Server install. I came back and the database was there, but the service wasn't listed under services.msc.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Although restarting the vCenter Server installation might work, I'd probably reinstall the server completely if it was a new install anyway. It's definitely worth it if you are going to use this server in a production environment and have to rely on it's functionality.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DCSpooner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I would just restart the installation of vCenter part

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would agree with spooner, Just Install the vCenter server and re-point the SSO to the center server, The following KB should be helpful in re-pointing the Components

VMware KB: Repointing and reregistering VMware vCenter Server 5.1.x and components

a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Although restarting the vCenter Server installation might work, I'd probably reinstall the server completely if it was a new install anyway. It's definitely worth it if you are going to use this server in a production environment and have to rely on it's functionality.

André

0 Kudos
azsvdk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. I figured a fresh install would take longer (deleting the program, deleting the DB, then reinstalling, etc) but when I tried to restart the install it just errored out.

0 Kudos