VMware Cloud Community
mulcas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Login to the query service failed \ Tomcat

I have more than 500 VM in a cluster, this cluster is handled by an Infrastructure of a: Domain Controller server, SQL server and vCenter server. Logged into to vCenter, from vSphere Client when I tried to sort by name all the VMs in the cluster I am getting the following error:

Login to the query.png

Same thing happens if I tried to sort the machines for one single host inside the cluster from vCenter, but not if I login directly through vSphere to the specific host.

Checking this VMware KB, that seems to be the solution for my problem, I just found that I don’t have the Tomcat folder in my infrastructure, hence I don’ have the VirtualCenter Management Webservices service available to start/restart.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=10365...

Is this service available in vCenter 6?

Did I miss something during the installation? 

Could be an issue with the Domain controllers and the DNS service?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mribeiro01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mulcas !

The kb 1036541 It is what most approximates your case, but is kb for version 5.x ...

Checks too:

Navigate to Administration > vCenter Server Settings... > Advanced Settings > VirtualCenter.FQDN ... confirm if the value for your name of domain is correct

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

0 Kudos
mulcas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi mribeiro01,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked already that option and the FQDN is OK and according to the KB if I made any change I do need to restart the VirtualCenter Management Webservices service, here is where I am stuck following the KB.

0 Kudos
mribeiro01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mulcas!

If i'm not mistaken this tomcat service in vcenter when installed on windows is in an application called  "wrapper.exe"

In the path "c:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Server - tc Server\bin\winx86_64\wrapper.exe" you will find the executable.

Check in service.msc the VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices service and see the kbs of stop and restart these services.

See that old kb https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=20138...

ScreenShot412.jpg

ScreenShot413.jpg

ScreenShot414.jpg

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

*Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.*

Thank you/Obrigado

0 Kudos