VMware Cloud Community
BiosMaster0x000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Log4j

Hello all,

Does vmware have a fix for the Log4j?  i have patched up hz and vcenter server, and also removed html access from CS, is there a fix besides the patches?  we have multiple clients that rely on the HTML version and I am afraid of opening that back up.

if this is not the proper spot for this question I apologize.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ptarnawski
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

cool, go to the link provided by @a_p_ and check the fixed version, once you upgrade, there is no need for more actions. 

Visit my blog:AngrySysOps.com
YT: AngryAdminYoutube
Visit my:Xwitter

If my answer has successfully addressed your issue, kindly mark it as RESOLVED. If it has provided valuable assistance, consider giving it a KUDOS. Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please see https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2021-0028.html for VMware's response.

André

ptarnawski
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

All supported vCenter versions have fixes already in place. There are new versions of log4j file. 

Hence I don't understand your concern, unless you are running an old version of vCenter, then please update to newer one. 

If my answer has successfully addressed your issue, kindly mark it as RESOLVED. If it has provided valuable assistance, consider giving it a KUDOS. Thanks
BiosMaster0x000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am running the following infra.

Product: VMware Horizon 7 Administrator
Version:
build - 14584133

-----------------------

Product:
VMware vCenter Server Appliance
Version:
Build number

sept 2022 -6.7.5

0 Kudos
ptarnawski
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

cool, go to the link provided by @a_p_ and check the fixed version, once you upgrade, there is no need for more actions. 

BiosMaster0x000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

love your channels by the way 😀 

0 Kudos
ptarnawski
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you very much  🙂 

BiosMaster0x000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

time to roll up sleeves and get to work on this.

thank you all!

ptarnawski
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Good luck mate! 

0 Kudos