VMware Cloud Community
sastre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Was running Log Insight version 3.6.0. Uploaded PAK file for 4.3.0. About 8 minutes later(!) it reported that it required version 4.0.0 first. I uploaded 4.0.0 and upgraded successfully.

Now when trying to upload the 4.3.0 PAK file I get the error message: Upgrade to 4.3.0-5084751 already in progress.

Something must need to be cleared from a folder/config file somewhere because a reboot doesn't solve this. Nor does deleting 'VMware-vRealize-Log-Insight-4.3.0-5084751.pak' from /tmp.

Help appreciated,

Thank you.

3 Replies
Dimosgor
Contributor
Contributor

Same here ...Upgraded from 3.6 to 4.0 successfully

but from 4.0 to 4.3 fails with the below error

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
DustinEnfinger
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I encountered the same issue when upgrading my Log Insight server and stumbled upon this thread. Since it was so high on the google search charts, I figured I would share my resolution. It turns out that the Log Insight server internal database never registered the upgrade as a failure. You have to go into the appliance and manually set the internal database to show the upgrade as "failed". I referenced the following VMware KB article Resuming rolling upgrade of a VMware vRealize Log Insight cluster (2123064) | VMware KB to resolve my issue. Hope this helps!

Dimosgor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The below KB Article together with re-enabling TLSv1 worked.

before re-enabling TLSv1 I was getting

2017-03-27 14:35:47,734 loginsight-upgrade INFO Pre-upgrade validation was not OK

2017-03-27 14:35:47,734 loginsight-upgrade INFO <div style='margin-bottom:5px'><b>Log Insight deployment did not pass pre-upgrade validation:</b></div> <div><urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:497: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol></div>

2017-03-27 14:35:47,734 loginsight-upgrade ERROR Upgrade pre-validation errors

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/loginsight-pak-upgrade.py", line 508, in main

raise ValidationError(err.strip())

ValidationError: "<div style='margin-bottom:5px'><b>Log Insight deployment did not pass pre-upgrade validation:</b></div> <div><urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:497: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol></div>"

I referred to the below KB to re enable TLSv1

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21463...

cat /usr/java/default/lib/security/java.security | grep jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms

#   jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=MD5, SSLv3, DSA, RSA keySize < 2048

jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, RC4, MD5withRSA, DH keySize < 768

and voila!

pastedImage_7.png

After the successful upgrade I revert the change for TLSv1.

thanks

0 Kudos