VMware Cloud Community
omegahost
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Load-balancing vCenters

Hi

Is it possible to load-balance multiple vCenters?

I have worked with vCenter Heartbeat but I'm looking for a solution that can provide an active-active state of vCenters to guaranty horizontal scalability.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not aware of such a option/feature. All you can do is to connect multiple vCenter Server using e.g. linked mode. However, this is not a load balancing, but rather load distribution.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not aware of such a option/feature. All you can do is to connect multiple vCenter Server using e.g. linked mode. However, this is not a load balancing, but rather load distribution.

André

0 Kudos
omegahost
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer.

As I read about linked mode, it helps me to view all of my vCenter servers in a single place for ease of management.

It means that these vCenter servers work separated from each other and have no relation between them.

Is it correct?

Do you have any document that explane linked mode with details?

Thanks

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes tha't correct, and that's why I mentioned "load distribution". It's more of a distributed design than the load balancing that you are looking for.

André

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vCenters in Linked Mode actually do share some common information. License keys and custom roles will be replicated to all other vCenter Servers in a Linked Mode group.

0 Kudos