VMware Cloud Community
pwolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Limited browser support for Vcenter 7.0.2 webclient

After upgrading my vcenter server to version 7.0.2 I discovered, that only very recent browsers are able to correctly display the webclient.

Initial page and login-page work on a variety of browsers. After you login successfully the issues start.

Internet explorer hangs with a spinnig wheel - and you can clear the browser cache several times - but that will not help;

the same experience I had with the old MS Edge browser, but it will boost CPU consumption to 100%;

also Firefox up to 68.11esr does not work - starting with 78.8.0 esr it does work - I don't know, which version inbetween is working;

all Chrome versions and  Chrome-Edge seem to work .

That probably has to do with the fact that the webclient opens a multitude of browser sessions, despite the fact, that you habe only one screen/tab open.

1 Reply
MrCheesecake
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting-  I just ran into the same situation.  I spent about an hour comparing some about:config entries between my 68.x and 78.x browsers (looking for a glaring culprit like the "sandbox" setting from the Flash days) but was not successful so we'll just upgrade.

0 Kudos