VMware Cloud Community
ashsevenuk80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

License

I feel like i should know the answer to this question having worked with vSphere for such a long time. Do you renew the license for ESXi, SRM, vCenter...? My Manager has asked for me to provide the expiration dates for SRM, vCenter... but when i look at the console it says "Never", I've logged on to the company My.vmware account, nothing on there either...

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Licenses are usually perpetual, it's support that expires and requires renewal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
T180985
Expert
Expert

That will list all your licences including any that have an expiration date

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
ashsevenuk80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Scott,

Where would i find the expiration date for the support?

0 Kudos
T180985
Expert
Expert

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
larstr
Champion
Champion

The expiration dates for the support contracts are only available from My VMware / Licenses. Click the license and check the End Date.

Lars

0 Kudos
Mozron
Contributor
Contributor

See below, you'll not see them if you don't have permissions to this section.

pastedImage_0.png

from the Home section, select what you want to look at, click in to the Product, Edit. And it should provide you with the end date.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check this KB article: VMware Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos