VMware Cloud Community
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

License inventory monitoring - Unable to find the reason for this error

Hi guys,

I'm getting this error for the last few weeks, showing me : License inventory monitoring

I know this has something to do with licenses, but what is it exactly ? its not showing me where the error is.

Please advise how to trace this issue to the source and solve it.

When I go to my administration / license menu, i don't see any problem with licenses. all working fine

and all my servers are also working.

but this error comes back. sometimes it stays away a day, after reset to green. but then comes back again.

I have xx amount of licenses, and only 1 not used.

thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have finally found the problem, problem was that one of my servers got extra CPU, but was on a license that had 7cpu's.

so basicly the license that was assigned to the group of servers was on 8cpu's whilie license had 7cpu limit.

i have reassigned another multi cpu license to it now and issue seem to be gone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
shaveen007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello ,

Have you recently added new host to a vsan cluster?

Sometime the vsan cluster is license for x number of cpu and when you add new host the license count is under capacity hence this error

Regards,

Shaveen

0 Kudos
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have not configured any vsan, funny thing is when I click right mouse button on my vcenter clusters, select configure vsan I get an empty page with nothing in it, just a white popup with cancel button. I checked all clusters.

0 Kudos
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have finally found the problem, problem was that one of my servers got extra CPU, but was on a license that had 7cpu's.

so basicly the license that was assigned to the group of servers was on 8cpu's whilie license had 7cpu limit.

i have reassigned another multi cpu license to it now and issue seem to be gone.

0 Kudos