VMware Cloud Community
UCL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Keyboard and Mouse not working in neither Remote Console nor Web Console from vCenter 6.7U2 for one specific VM.

Vmware Tools1.PNGHello.

Keyboard and Mouse works when using a Remote Desktop Connection but not through Remote Console nor Web Console .

The VM is a Windows 2012 R2 server.

In Computer Management I see Remote Desktop Keyboard Device and Remote Desktop Mouse Device. Both Ok.

I also see one VMware Pointing Device with a yellow exclamation point and Status 10 (This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.) (plugged into PS/2 mouse port)

Under Other devices I see an Unknown device a yellow exclamation point and Status 28) (The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device.To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver) That is probably the keyboard.

I have tried all sorts of stuff including adding a USB in the VMs configuration.

How do I get the mouse and keyboard to work on that VM?

/Peter

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Did you check Event Viewer of your guest OS after plugging USB device? Is there any event related to this matter? (Check it in RDP connection)

What's the status of VMware Tools on your VM? If you recently upgrade your Virtual Infrastructure, did you upgrade VM_Tools or not?

and also is this situation is consists with another type of USB Devices on same VM (your specific VM)

and at last check these with another USB ports on your Host and check the status again...

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
UCL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No clues anywhere.

The goal is to get access to the VM through vCenter using Remote Console and Web Console.

VMware Tools are installed except the USB Mouse which states it must be installed manually, which I can't.

VMware Toos was upgraded except for that mouse driver. We even uninstalled VMware Tools completely and manually and started over installing VMware Tools.

I'm not sure it has much to do with USB as such. There is no USB device added to the configuration of that VM.

On the process line vmxnet3 and the VMware Virtual disk SCSI Disk Device as devices that could be ejected.

On another VM identical VM we see:

01.PNG

/Peter

0 Kudos
UCL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A new vmtools and pointing the Update driver to search all of the C: drive made it work after a restart of the VM. The USB Mouse is irrelevant.

/Peter

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Hello again

I think if you uninstall completely VMware Tools and  install it again will fix your problem

Just for another way to check, is there any customization on your VM Guest OS level?

And please tell me what is your physical host vendor? is there an enterprise class of servers (Like HP Proliant) or a workstation customized to act as a server?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
UCL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Complete uninstall and install was done but it didn't help. Extracting a new vmtools and letting "Update Driver" for each of the three Display Adapter, Keyboard and Mice did it.

Well there is some level of customization. Not sure what you are referring to specifically.

HPE. HP ProLiant BL460c Gen9

/Peter

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

So i think a good thrick can helps you to solve the problem, if there is a VM (with same OS) in your environment that can support these devices without any problem, replace their driver's support files at guest OS level...

0 Kudos