VMware Cloud Community
AlanRaczek
Contributor
Contributor

Just added host is saying rejoin vSAN_NSX - PRODUCTION ISSUE

Hi,

I had a host (ESXi 6.5U3) in a vCenter 6.7 that had a bad RAID controller (Cisco C240). Replaced the RAID controller and a flash card. Brought the host up and it was showing not available in vCenter. Looked in the vpxa.log and noticed vpxa login errors so I followed a procedure to remove the host from inventory and add it back in. Now I have these issues:

nsx_error.JPGvds_switch_error.JPG

Switch config from working hosts:

NSX_CONFIG_OTHER_HOSTS.JPG

How do I fix this issue? PRODUCTION MACHINE. Part of a 4 node vSAN cluster of Cisco C240 M4's. Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@AlanRaczek 

VMTN is a user/community forum and not an official technical support method, if you have an active support contract now might be a good time to use it: https://www.vmware.com/support/contacts.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
AlanRaczek
Contributor
Contributor

I had a ticket in and resolved a vSAN issue but this host still has an issue with VDS. I really need help and would rather give it a try myself. THis host was a member of the VDS switch I am trying to add it to before. When I try to add this host back in it says "cannot complete a vSphere Distributed Switch operation for one or more host members". I then ran a simple  powercli script and get this output:

get-vdsswitch _| select -expandproperty name

VSAN_NSX

CP&I_NSX

APG_MGMT

HX_NSX

terraformdvs

On that distributed switch in vCenter the host I am trying to add does not show in the NSX managed hosts of that VDS. COuld this be a "ghosted" VDS connection on the host? Should I try deleting the connections on the host?

...AR

0 Kudos