VMware Cloud Community
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is this a known issue? Any custom role in the H5 Client shows as null when assigned correctly?

vCenter 6.7 build 8546293 .... currently updating vCenter to see if it's fixed in the latest release.

Created a new test role called "test" with one ability (Doesn't matter), create a permission on vCenter itself and propagate.

pastedImage_0.png

UI renders as above because the API says this:

pastedImage_1.png

If you edit the Permission you see this:

pastedImage_2.png

Looks like an API issue because the edit screen is actually correct, but the permissions list is incorrect.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LokeshHK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes,we have internally reported issue for this and probably gets fixed in future update/patches.

Regards

Lokesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LokeshHK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes,we have internally reported issue for this and probably gets fixed in future update/patches.

Regards

Lokesh

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Went to whatever was current at this time, upgrade failed but some RPMs were changed inside of vCenter.

Even through my failed upgrade, I already see the fix for it in a newer version of vCenter.

Went from 6.7 build 8546293 to 9433931 (still trying to fix this upgrade to avoid reverting back or re-deploying)

0 Kudos
LokeshHK
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sorry I should have explained the issue in little bit detail.

Whenever you create a new "custom role" and assign to any inventory object you will see this issue.If user logs out and login again issue gets disappears.

I think in your new session you will face the issue again if you create one more custom role and assign it.

Regards

Lokesh

0 Kudos