VMware Cloud Community
Safiqul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Integrate vCenter Server with with Update Manger installed seperately on different server

I have a vcenter server which is not connected to internet and now I setup another server for vCenter Update Manager, and it is connected to internet.

Now after all setup while I attemp to download vCenter Update Manager plug-ins it is throwing error that it is unable to contact the update manager server. But in the error message it is treating the the vCenter server itself as update manager server although Update Manager is installed on a separate server other than vCenter Server. Now I need help how can I make the configuration so that vCenter gets integrated with Update Manager server and or vice-versa?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Safiqul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To add that, I checked and found vmwareUpdateManagerUtility.exe is not available on the Update Manger server.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

The client can also be found on the iso that you used to install update manager...(search for file called VMware-UMClient.exe)

Do you have any connectivity problems between your VUM machine and the machine that has VC?

Also take a look at Update manager download service, it is meant for environments like yours where the VC/VUM which are in closed networks.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have two instances of Update Manager installed?

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos