VMware Cloud Community
MikeNRI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Initialize OVF Deployment: A general error has occurred

I am running in to an issue trying to deploy an OVF on vCenter server appliance 6

The host is running ESXi 6

After filling out all the details for the template, when it starts to initialize OVF deployment, it returns "A general error has occurred"

Which naturally is completely useless for troubleshooting purposes. No more details follow the error message.

I have reviewed some logs on the ESX host and vCenter server and haven't found any logs that have more details on what the actual error is.

Any ideas where i should look?

I was able to successfully deploy the same OVF to another host so i know it's not an issue with the plugin.

I tried rebooting the ESX host which didn't help.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeNRI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the responses.

It is 6.0.

I had tried both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10.

Chrome and Internet Explorer 11.

I had some more time to work on this today, using the legacy vSphere client worked.

It is odd since I was able to use the same systems to deploy to another host running the same version of ESXi in the same vCenter instance without issue using the web client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlagojaNevchev
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

This maybe strange to ask, but what browser and OS do you use to open vCenter? And is This 6.5 or 6.0?

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Did you try this KB

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=10062...

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
MikeNRI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the responses.

It is 6.0.

I had tried both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10.

Chrome and Internet Explorer 11.

I had some more time to work on this today, using the legacy vSphere client worked.

It is odd since I was able to use the same systems to deploy to another host running the same version of ESXi in the same vCenter instance without issue using the web client.

0 Kudos