I recently encountered something odd after upgrading vCenter and wanted to ask if others have seen the same.
I went to check the Upgrades tab on the Cluster object in vCenter, and the Hardware Compatibility and Image options were absent. Even the upgrade option on the vCenter object gave an error state about not using Baselines/VUM based upgrades. I haven't been using that since Images became an option in 7.0.x in this lab kit.
What I did notice is that the Management Interface was giving a 504 error state and likely at least 1 service had crashed in the background.
Logged into ssh on the VCSA and ran service-control --start --all
A few of the services took time to get up and running. Once this was done and I logged out/in to the vSphere web client, things were back to normal.
I'm going to continue to monitor the situation in case it happens again, but wanted to share this in case others see something similar.