VMware Cloud Community
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If the Vcenter DB is down, how can we identify on “which host VC VM is residing.”

If the Vcenter DB is down, how can we identify on “which host VC VM is residing.”

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

‌It is a good idea to have a management cluster, usually consisting of a small number of ESXi hosts and this cluster is where your critical infrastructure virtual machines reside, such as the vCenter Server and database server (if external).

If you don't have this option, you can create some affinity rules to have a preferred 2 or 3 hosts to run vCenter on, and then if VC is down you only need to check on these 2 or 3 hosts.

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

‌It is a good idea to have a management cluster, usually consisting of a small number of ESXi hosts and this cluster is where your critical infrastructure virtual machines reside, such as the vCenter Server and database server (if external).

If you don't have this option, you can create some affinity rules to have a preferred 2 or 3 hosts to run vCenter on, and then if VC is down you only need to check on these 2 or 3 hosts.

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos