VMware Cloud Community
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Identity Source setup on VC Appliance

I've configured an identity source of type "Active Directory as a LDAP Server" and successfully tested the connection, but when I click OK, nothing happens. Is that because I'm using the evaluation key? I have a license key, but it's on the old vcenter server that I'm going to be moving from so I don't think I can add it to the new vcenter yet.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

It's probably because you have made mistake filling values in one of the fields.

Test Connection would be successful, but if you notice one or more fields will be with red border. you got to correct the issue there.

Alternatively, please post the screenshot.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

It's probably because you have made mistake filling values in one of the fields.

Test Connection would be successful, but if you notice one or more fields will be with red border. you got to correct the issue there.

Alternatively, please post the screenshot.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Spot on, thanks. I had the correct values, but I had put quotes around them because there are spaces in some of the OU names. I was able to save without the quotes.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos