VMware Cloud Community
Sanithsadananda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I want to ping between 2 different Network IP's , Plz advise

Hello Team,

Can anyone help me to communicate between these 2 vms , I want to ping from 192.168.11.22 to 192.168.22.22 . I have configured this infra for test purpose. ESXi version is 5.5 and I have configured 2 distributed switch for vm communication.

test.jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

In order to communicate between different subnets, you need to have routing in place. This could ba a physical, or even a virtual router like pfSense, Vyatta, ...

André

0 Kudos
NNSD
Contributor
Contributor

In each VM, create a virtual adapter in the VM Network default port group

Make sure the virtual adapter is connected (right clik the VM > Edit Settings > network adapter > check boxes "connect" "connect at startup")

Set the IP parameters at OS level

try your ping

That should work.

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Sanithsadanandan,

If you consider

Condition 1.  this as ideal condition leaving workstation networking ( hosted, internal and bridged) as  2 different ip 's are in different subnet they will not communicate without the router between them.

Condition 2. If there are any changes needs to be done on the workstation those are internal only. bridged, hosted ..Please correct this and place routing device in between so that 2 devices on the network will pass different ip and they can communicate.

Regards

Basavaraj.R Navalgund

banavalg@yahoo.com

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Sanithsadanandan,

2VMs on different NW speak to each other.PNG

Also find my attached diagram for reference.

Regards
Basavaraj.R Navalgund
banavalg@yahoo.com

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
Sanithsadananda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Andre,

Thanks for your suggestion , I dont know how to configure networking side in router , can you please tell me which topic I want to search in google to solve this and packet tracer is enough or this lab .

0 Kudos
Sanithsadananda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello NavalgundRaj,

Thanks for your suggestion and sorry for the late reply , I dont know how to configure networking side in router , can you please tell me which topic I want to search in google to solve this. packet tracer is enough or this lab . Please suggest.

Photo 16-12-16, 6 29 07 PM.jpg

0 Kudos