VMware Cloud Community
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I has install the vcenter server , and now,I need to use the vsphere web client , but when I install it ,it appears an error message.

01.png

when i reboot it ,and reinstall it again ,it will apperas again.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

02.png

the click ok ,it appears this diagbox    Error :29111

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

could you please post the VM_ssoreg.log file? Maybe there are some more information in.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

this is my vm_ssoreg log ,  please help ,thanks!

0 Kudos
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The previous warning message depends on MSI installer, it may ask to reboot your system may not be. It depends on env of your operating system. But why did you reboot your machine before complete the instillation of web client. We should reboot the machine once web client installation is done. it is mentioned in warning message.

01.png

When you get this warning message, click on ok and go ahead for installation/upgrade. Once it is done then reboot the system. You don't need to install it again. 

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

your vcenter service and sso service are up and running?

Did you try to restart your sso service and install the webclient?

What vcenter version are you using?

What happened if you open a browser and put https://10.127.160.65:7444/lookupservice/sdk

Is is possible to connect to your vcenter server with the vSphere Client?

Are you installing vcenter in default location?

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes ,the services is running . and version is 5.1,when i open the url ,it appears below:

I installed the webclient on the vcenter server ,   the installation directory is default,

my system is windows 08 R2

I restart the sso services and vcenter server , then install it ,but falied .error 29111,  then click ok , it will be rollback and cancel install.

03.png

0 Kudos
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe you have already installed virtual center server, inventory service  and single sign on. You are facing this problem for vsphere web client ? If ans is yes then follow my previous comment.

Note: Anyways vsphere web client does not depend on virtual center server and inventory service. Pre-requisite is only SSO server for vsphere web client.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Autl_Gen:

When I got this message ,I click ok and go ahead ,but later ,it will appears Error message 29111  ,see above message.

0 Kudos
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Auti_gen:

yes, I try it ,but it still failed , so i don't know why?

0 Kudos
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could you please try it (Only vsphere web client) on different machine and point to the same SSO. This is very much supported scenarios and you can do it. There might be setup issue on previous machine.

henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Auti_gen:

I try it on other server ,now the installation is  success. then I open the web client administration application ,then register the web client to vcenter server , I got the following message : first, I click Register, then it appears 02 pirture, click accept and install ,it will got the 01 pirture again.

01.png

02.png

0 Kudos
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please don't use web client administration application this is only for virtual center 5.0 to register web client. Now things and process are changed from 5.1 and 5.5. I believe you have already installed web client successfully it would be registered  SSO lookup service ?

To manage and access Virtual center server use this URL.

https://<IP>:9443/vsphere-client/

Provide the VC User and password then you can manage VC.

0 Kudos
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I registered SSO lookup service manually by client-repoint.bat ,but ,can't used the vc user login at the first time,  then I used admin@System-Domain login it

but I can't found anything :the vcenter server ,datastore...., when I add a user as an administrator in sso user and group. then logout ,and use the new user login ,everything is ok.

0 Kudos
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad to hear !!

0 Kudos
henry_wang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Atul_Gen:

Thanks for your support and advices! Smiley Happy

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos