VMware Cloud Community
Rayes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't access the vCenter 6.5 using browser( Error 503 )

Hello All,

When am trying to access the vCenter using my browser it shows the following error:

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x0000555c3eede610] _serverNamespace = / action = Allow _pipeName =/var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)

When i tried to troubleshoot it, I found two services (vmware-vapi-endpoint & vmware-vpxd-svcs)  the both should be running but they are in stopped status, when I try to start them I get the following:

root@photon-machine [ ~ ]# service-control --start vmware-vpxd-svcs

Perform start operation. vmon_profile=None, svc_names=['vmware-vpxd-svcs'], include_coreossvcs=False, include_leafossvcs=False

2018-10-07T09:47:58.949Z   Service vpxd-svcs state STOPPED

Error executing start on service vpxd-svcs. Details {

"resolution": null,

"detail": [

{

"args": [

"vpxd-svcs"

],

"id": "install.ciscommon.service.failstart",

"localized": "An error occurred while starting service 'vpxd-svcs'",

"translatable": "An error occurred while starting service '%(0)s'"

}

],

"componentKey": null,

"problemId": null

}

Service-control failed. Error {

"resolution": null,

"detail": [

{

"args": [

"vpxd-svcs"

],

"id": "install.ciscommon.service.failstart",

"localized": "An error occurred while starting service 'vpxd-svcs'",

"translatable": "An error occurred while starting service '%(0)s'"

}

],

"componentKey": null,

"problemId": null

}

I hope getting some assistance in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

Do you tried to reboot vcenter?

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
Surmuthu
Contributor
Contributor

What do you see in the vmon.log file

C:\ProgramData/VMware/vCenterServer/logs/vmon/vMon.log

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If your hostname is coming up as photon-machine then this shows you have not deployed the vCSA correctly. You will need to redeploy.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This is not Windows.

0 Kudos
Rayes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes i tried Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There's no other solution that's going to work for you unless you redeploy the vCSA correctly.

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vpxd-svcs failed to start. Could you share the log for the same service.

/var/log/vmware/vpxd-svcs/vpxd-svcs.log

-MS

0 Kudos
Rayes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

FYI -The hostname has been configured with same IP address of the vcenter, So it coming up as photon-machine.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That's what I mean. This isn't correct and proves the deployment was not successful. It doesn't matter what else you do (providing logs won't help). You need to delete this vCSA and re-deploy.

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I dont think its hold true. If PNID is set to ip address, it shows as photon-machine or localhost depending on the versions. Unless there is a firstboot failure message appears on the VCSA GUI screen on console.

Users can deploy VCSA with ip address as an option however as a best practice they can go with FQDN but not mandatory

-MS

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If a user deploys vCSA with IP address and hostname doesn't show up as the shortname, the deployment is incorrect. Maybe technically there's a way to do it, but it should never be done this way. Users need proper infrastructure to deploy vCSA and that includes forward and reverse DNS resolution and proper time keeping. Without the basics, vCSA is not going to work correctly, and attempting to get it to work via shortcuts and roundabouts is ultimately going to be a waste of time.

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you share the /var/log/vmware/vpxd-svcs/vpxd-svcs.log

Was there any storage outage or issues in the environment ? vpxd-svcs is dependent on the database as well.

-MS

0 Kudos