VMware Cloud Community
ArchParks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to upgrade Vcenter 5.1 appliance to 5.5?

How do you upgrade an existing Vcenter 5.1 appliance to 5.5? I've looked through the documentation and I'll be darned if I see it.

Thanks!

Arch

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sanjeebkumar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In the Old appliance's Upgrade tab, copy the key(which is from the 5.5 VCSA) and do a import key..Once the import is successful, copy the key and paste on the 5.5 VCSA. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sanjeebkumar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
ArchParks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I attempted to follow those instructions but ran into an issue at step 6 where it says :

"6. In the old appliance, in the Upgrade tab, select  source for the appliance role, and click Set role. "

I'm logged into the Vcenter appliance and there is nothing like that available. All the Upgrade tab says is "Upgrade to a new major version.

Using copy/paste import the remote appliance key into this appliance. WARNING: this will stop vCenter Server!"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sanjeebkumar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In the Old appliance's Upgrade tab, copy the key(which is from the 5.5 VCSA) and do a import key..Once the import is successful, copy the key and paste on the 5.5 VCSA. 

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Upgrade process is little different in 5.1.. Please have look here how to do an upgrade..vCenter Server Appliance | Juanma's Blog

~dGeorgey

0 Kudos
ArchParks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sanjeebkumar.....that worked perfectly....thanks!!!!

0 Kudos